Our client is hiring a full-time Accounting Manager with solid accounting and communication skills to lead the day-to-day accounting operations. Based in the Bay Area, this
position provides a unique opportunity to apply your skills and expertise in an organization that is driven to provide energy efficiency for all. If you are an enthusiastic, motivated accounting leader looking to join a team that will have a massive impact, this job is for you!
The company combines a collaborative, innovative culture with a team that is passionate about making a difference for our clients and the communities they serve. We are a rapidly growing, California based energy efficiency company with 30 employees and over $6 million in revenue.
The candidate must be self-directed, analytical, accurate, dependable, and well organized. The candidate will have experience across all accounting functions and be a hands-on leader. The candidate must
operate with the highest integrity and be nimble in developing the accounting process for new programs and offerings. The position offers the flexibility to work remotely 2-3 days a week and will be based out of our Bay Area office. The position provides a broad array of responsibilities from journal entries, to employee onboarding, to invoicing. Experience working in a paperless, cloud-based environment is essential.
Knowledge of Xero, Bill.com, Expensify and TriNet is ideal. This position will interface and require coordination with all levels of the organization as well as outside legal counsel and auditors. Strong
interpersonal and good communications skills (both written and verbal) in English along with a proactive support/service attitude is a must.
• Perform daily operations including: General Ledger Accounting (Xero), Accounts Payable (Bill.com), Expense (Expensify) and Payroll (TriNet) processing
• Set-up projects, monitor consultant time entry and enter project costs in the project management application (WorkflowMax)
• Drive the invoicing process – develop and record client and incentive invoices
• Coordinate with program teams to deliver invoices and reports
• Record subcontractor and vendor bills and reconcile with existing agreements
• Communicate payment status to the program team, subcontractors and vendors
• Prepare monthly journal entries for accruals and recurring transactions
• Review expenses for compliance with client and company policies
• Conduct monthly close, including accruals, and prepare account reconciliations
• Set-up new employees and provide training on time and expense entry
• Prepare monthly financial reports, including budget vs actual and program performance metrics
• Maintain subcontractor and vendor information and prepare 1099’s
• Participate in the planning and budgeting process
• Record transactions and maintain financial records in accordance with GAAP
• Support the financial audit and tax return preparation
• Special projects as required
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business, CPA and/or MBA a plus
• 8 - 10 years accounting experience in all accounting functions and financial reporting
• Solid expertise in a professional services organization
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, age, disability, marital status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Resource Innovations complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company does work.
The above job description and job requirements are not intended to be all inclusive. Resource Innovations retains the right to make changes or adjustments to job descriptions and/or job requirements at any time without notice. Submit current resume and compensation requirements online as directed.