Director, People Operations is a newly-created leadership position to support the organization's next phase of dramatic growth. Reporting into the CEO, you will lead a team that plays an integral part of our larger employee experience function which includes: People Operations, Recruiting, Learning and Development, IT, and Facilities.
You will leverage your broad HR experience in systems and project management to continuously improve our technology solutions and operations. You enjoy a mission-driven, fast paced environment where the work you put in daily directly impacts organizational growth. You have a variety of skills and knowledge about the basic workings of a business and feel confident using those skills on a daily basis. You’re organized, driven and eager to help in a variety of aspects within a business.
● Lead and manage a growing team responsible for managing the employee
experience throughout the employee lifecycle
● Own all people processes for employee onboarding, retention and
offboarding, legal compliance, and immigration
● Be the first point of contact for HR related concerns for both employees and
● Communicate between executive team members and all employees to
ensure clear and stable communication and expectations
● Provide strategy and guidance to employees at all levels of the organization
including career development, general management and employee relations
● Lead global people operations systems roadmap to support long-term and
service delivery goals, and ensure the highest levels of data management and accuracy for all HR Systems. The Company uses ADP WorkForceNow our core HRIS and HCM solution.
● Own HR compliance and assess readiness in close partnership with legal and finance on everything from medical, PTO, 401(k), FMLA, CFRA, SDI, LOA, EEO-1 filings, 5550s, OSHA, Wage and Hour laws, etc.
● Partner with the functional leaders to design and execute company-wide performance management programs, feedback, promotion, and compensation cycles, as well as other critical people programs. Manage, refine and implement our global compensation strategies and programs.
● Play instrumental role in helping drive the coordination of global people operations execution across our global offices (currently US and China).
● Improve processes and drive requirements for additional improvements to add self-service options for employees while maintaining a superior employee experience.
● Lead the development of the HR reporting and analytics function to support effective decision making and business needs. Develop key operational metrics and dashboards for the team and monitor key performance metric scores.
● Hire, onboard, coach and mentor team members, playing an active role in developing career roadmaps, succession planning, and full-cycle programs for employees.
THE SKILL SET:
● 8+ years of progressive experience in HR.
● Experience designing and implementing scalable, high quality operational HR
programs, processes and systems globally, in high tech companies of 200+
employees with at least 3 international locations.
● People management experience and strong leadership ability.
● Ability to influence, engage, and partner closely with executives and business
leaders across all levels of the organization in planning, change management
and conflict resolution.
● Demonstrated leadership of talent agenda that contributes to organizational
growth and improved employee experience
● Excellent oral and written communication and analytical skills.
● Collaborative work style - team player with low-ego.
● Demonstrated ability to manage through ambiguity and competing priorities.
● Outstanding analytical, project management, problem solving, and critical
● PHR or SHRM-SCP
● BA or BS degree
BONUS POINTS Experience working for a hardware manufacturing or hardware product company.