The platform team is building the core of the Company. They use software to solve tough problems for the customers in the manufacturing space – supporting engineers, designers, and fabricators who are innovating in cutting-edge industries including autonomous cars, spaceships, and medical devices, to name a few.
As a software tech lead, you will work with an incredibly smart team to shape the Company platform and directly impact the future of manufacturing.
What's In It For You?
Small team, big impact
Our team is small and agile; as a core member, we will look to you for opinions and contributions that shape our engineering direction, product development practices, team culture, and organization as a whole.
Our customers work on products that push technological boundaries – from self-driving cars to low-cost water purification systems. They inspire us to develop systems to move faster, build a higher quality product, and shape the future of manufacturing.
Change an industry
We have a big vision for what manufacturing should be, and we are determined to make that vision real. You’ll be working with smart, mission driven teammates to create significant change in the industry.
What you’ll be doing
· Lead your team through the product development lifecycle to fulfill customer needs. Guide the team through tradeoffs between scope and schedule to deliver the best customer experience.
· Facilitate team development and growth through planning, retros, code reviews, mentorship, and team outings. Increase your team’s productivity by identifying friction and waste, exploring methods and tools, tackling refactorings, and championing better code patterns.
· Coordinate technical and product work between other product teams and departments all across the globe.
· Customer focused – You are driven by creating a delightful customer experience and ensure your work always has the customer in mind.
· Able to make decisions under uncertainty -- You are flexible under pressure and can guide team decisions without full information
· Highly team oriented – You create a collaborative environment to experiment, make mistakes, and adapt to new information. You bring people together to solve problems and give credit where it’s due
· Strong technical expertise – You can understand a code base quickly and identify the largest risks on new technology projects. You have a high quality bar and ensure your team ships stable and well-tested releases
· BONUS: experience working with GraphQL, AWS, and Serverless