The Director of Learning & Development is a key role within the Company, initially reports to both the CHRO and VP of HR. The person in this role will lead efforts to intelligently build and scale robust learning and development programs serving 7,500 employees in the organization. A creative, hands-on role with management responsibility, this person will lead a team of up to 6 direct reports. The Director of L&D will be the principal architect building the strategic L&D platform, directing the foundational work on an effective road map to create lasting, evolving programs that meet the business’s needs. In addition, this thoughtful, seasoned leader will apply learning methodology to business concepts and be accountable for developing a deep understanding of the business to create future learning platforms and programs that evolve, develop, and drive the broader talent development strategy for the organization.
- Contributes to overall Learning business strategy, identifying new and innovative approaches in learning design and development.
- Implements a comprehensive Learning and Development Platform and understands the importance of content to create a great user experience.
- Facilitates planning, budgeting, and resource casting.
- Builds, coaches and inspires a robust L&D team to achieve outstanding results.
- Sets direction and manages the instructional design and development processes.
- Establishes development and project management processes and templates to create a team of exceptional learning developers while establishing Learning Governance standards, practices and decision processes.
- Builds and sustains lasting relationships with business leaders to generate a deep understanding of business demands and facilitates partnerships that enable successful learning outcomes.
- Quickly builds rapport and trust to influence stakeholders, vendors, and project teams to effectively develop, launch and measure learning impact.
- Builds and leads the Development team to establish and execute learning strategy to support business and talent management priorities – from learning needs assessments through new program development, including contributions to program evaluation, and program sustainment or enhancement.
- Identifies strong external vendors in the marketplace, establishes relationships with them, and deploys them as needed to drive win-win solutions for customers and the department.
- Effectively balances insourced and outsourced learning solutions and makes sound project assignments based on critical decision factors (e.g., current workloads, budgets, capabilities).
- Collaborates with Global HR teams to create broader learning and corporate standards and policies as necessary, including a standard set of tools and processes that will drive consistency and predictability throughout the instructional design lifecycle for all client groups.
- Leverages best learning practices, standards, and processes to ensure that value is created through development and deployment of work products.
- Knows basic Learning Management System(s), is computer literate (has a sound understanding of databases and supporting systems, mobile technology, and social platforms).
- Stays up-to-date personally, and pushes team to stay current on learning design and development trends, tools, and technology.
- Conducts Training Needs Analysis to identify and prioritize enterprise learning needs.
- Monitors projects for alignment with defined business case processes.
- Is responsible for managing the budget for the Development department and delivering projects within budget.
- Works with team to ensure vendor services match client needs.
- Ensures team and vendors are compliant with contractual agreements.
- Has a track record of designing, developing, and implementing high impact learning solutions, using a variety of innovative approaches.
- Brings prior experience leading or partnering in the development and implementation of multi-year plans.
- Drives programs around talent management, performance management and high potentials
- A successful candidate will have at least 10 to 15 years of Learning and Development experience in roles responsible for organizational development, leadership and people development, and experience working in global companies.
- Experience with launching an LMS (Learning Management System)
- Strong technical/professional expertise in the areas of learning and executive development, organizational development, consulting, and learning/instructional design.
- Strong project management skills, including a proven track record of leading large, complex projects using standard project management practices and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, communication, and consulting skills. Ability to assess needs, influence, collaborate, deliver and partner at the most senior levels in the organization.
- Ability to build collaborative, trustworthy relationships across functions and geographies.
- Strategic, enterprise-wide and systems thinking.
- Organizational astuteness and agility.
- Good analytical and deductive reasoning skills.
- Ability to identify and clearly communicate findings, patterns, themes, and issues that are relevant to the business.
- Skills to communicate complex technical solutions in a simple manner that can be understood broadly within the organization.
- Thoughtful leadership and strong management capabilities. Ability to influence at all levels in an organization, including Senior Executives.
- Ability to consult with colleagues to identify issues, determine potential solutions, and analyze the impact on the broader organization.
- Ability to build relationships across a range of styles and cultures to form networks within and outside the company.
- Ability to use core technology to report information, analyze data and develop analytical models. Excellent PowerPoint and presentation skills for many key meetings.
- Professional curiosity, self-starter, ability to multi-task, prioritize effectively, and integrate with the rest of the team in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Must be a creative thinker and have the courage to take calculated risks.
- Strong technical and tactical skills combined with strategic vision, sound business acumen, and keen financial and analytic ability.
- Ability to assess a situation quickly and ask the right questions.
- Attention to detail and strong sense of logic.
- A history of creativity and innovation.
- Strategic thinker. Professional courage. Understands how to navigate through change easily.
- Skillful decision maker with a strong understanding of when to involve others in the decision or escalate to higher levels.
- Strong conceptual and process thinking abilities; able to simplify the complex and provide structure where there is ambiguity.
- Strategic planning and complex problem resolution abilities.
- Business and personal integrity.
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to deliver a well thought-out strategy and accurate product/presentation.
- Understands organizational politics yet is not political
- BA required
- Masters in Organizational Development, Leadership, Adult Learning, or related field strongly preferred.
- Global (EMEA) experience
- Launching a new LMS system
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest.