The Head of Employee Experience is responsible for cultivating all aspects of the employee life cycle. Through strategic development and execution of Employee Experience initiatives, you support and drive business results, foster manager success, and increase employee engagement and retention. An organizational leader, you not only act as a business partner to the executive team, you provide guidance and structure to all employees. This role oversees the Employee Experience team across multiple Bay Area locations and reports directly into the CFO.
The ideal candidate is a strategic collaborator who serves as a business partner to leadership. Customer focused, you are approachable, compassionate, and an effective communicator with a diverse audience. In addition, you have a passion for people development, are an advocate of the culture and community, and have a drive to push the company forward through creative solutions.
This is a full-time, exempt position based in San Francisco, which requires a Monday through Friday/9-5 schedule. Occasional nights and weekends may be required to support Company events and operations.
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Partner with colleagues and leaders to create, communicate and implement specific programs and initiatives directly aligned to business strategy in the areas of performance management, recognition, career development, and employee relations.
- Design and scale training systems throughout the organization to allow employees to grow within the organization.
- Refine and reinforce workplace culture initiatives that build on our established culture while positioning us with systems, accountability and buy-in for scalable growth.
- Serve as a visible, involved and engaged leader to employees throughout the organization by modelling our organizational hospitality and culture values
- Discover and build systems that address root causes of employee, cultural, or organizational pain points, not just symptoms.
- Act as a champion for the mission, vision, and values and partner across the company to drive a high-performance work environment.
- Continuously assess regulatory and compliance risk and ensure appropriate actions, policies, and procedures necessary, consulting with legal counsel as appropriate.
- Oversee recruiting function in order to enable departments to hire necessary talent, owning recruiting tools and processes to optimize for efficiency, effectiveness, and candidate satisfaction.
- Investigate and resolve employee relations issues when necessary, encouraging open, productive dialogue between managers, employees and other partners.
- Oversee Benefits Administration, Worker’s Comp claims, and Leaves of Absence.
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 8+ years of HR experience with 5+ years of progressive HR leadership experience.
- Educational/Position Requirements: PHR/SPHR, Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Social Science or related field is a plus, or equivalent experience
- Management Experience: 3+ years preferred
- Computer/Software Applications: Efficient in Google Suite, Microsoft Word and Excel, HRIS, Timekeeping System
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including; data analysis, compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, performance management
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
- Solid project management and execution skills
- Coaching and consulting skills
- Strong problem solving and employee relations skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence employees, managers and leaders through strong business acumen
- A clear, approachable, and friendly communication style
- Hospitality oriented
- Excellent self-management and interpersonal skills
- Other: Experience in Hospitality focused and bilingual or multilingual environments a plus