To provide program management leadership and business analysis services to facilitate the successful execution of Client's US business objectives. The Senior Manager, Business Solutions Planning role will plan, execute, and finalize projects and programs according to strict deadlines and within budget aligned to the business strategy. Additionally, they will be responsible for driving program execution while ensuring that the programs meet internal partner requirements.
Primary responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead multiple programs and projects across the US operations.
Work in collaboration with core brand leadership to implement brand plans.
- Manage relationships with Client's US and Global operations for the effective delivery of US operations project portfolio.
- Identify and resolve conflicting functional needs in a professional and timely manner that could disrupt project schedule, timelines or outcomes.
- Define project scope, goals, interdependencies and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Create and maintain detailed plans, project milestones and deliverables.
Lead program teams to meet the requirements of functional leadership to drive program strategy.
- Coach project team members for optimal program progress when needed.
- Track program progress against goals and communicate written and verbal summary reports to Client's senior leadership.
- Manage project team and vendor activities including program budget and ensure that teams manage within project budgets.
- Negotiate deliverables and program structure with vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Facilitate program team meetings, develop meeting agendas, prepare and maintain project documentation (including developing and delivering project progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations).
Candidate Qualifications & Requirements
This job requires a combination of analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA/BS with 8 years relevant experience of which five years are in direct program management experience supporting complex, multi-functional business projects; equivalent combination of advanced degree and less experience may be considered.
- MBA or advanced degree (e.g., BS, BA)
- Project management certification
- 5 years in pharmaceutical or biotech industry with experience in Commercial, Medical and back office operations.
- Prior experience in professional services organization
- Ability to effectively apply knowledge of the industry and competitive environment while bridging business strategy to programs.
- Proven track record of successfully leading and driving complex programs and change initiatives with cross-functional teams.
Demonstrated experience in managing both business programs and technology programs.
- Superior communication (verbal, written, and presentation), organization and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work collaboratively and provide leadership in a global matrix team environment.
- Proven success in management with demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate large teams in a global matrix organization while building working relationships that foster teamwork and trust.
- Evidence of effectively leading and managing change initiatives.
Ability to quickly synthesize information and data into a logical and succinct structure to enable decision making.
- Strong analytical and technical skills with the ability to analyze technical and business processes and translate them into business requirements.
- Ability to identify and efficiently solve project issues in a collaborative and timely manner.
- Skilled in organizing resources, establishing priorities, and managing cross-functional dependencies.
- Proven influencing, facilitation, negotiation and conflict management skills.
Ability to proactively mediate and encourage team discussion and debate.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing vendors.
Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and project applications.