Our client, a New York City based agency is looking to hire a Business Development Director.
Do you have an intense drive and energy to make things happen? Do you light up a room with your magnetic personality? Do you have that burning entrepreneurial spirit that makes you want to build something from the ground up?
This is your opportunity to help grow a new kind of agency. One that is allergic to awareness-only campaigns. One that is driven by impact and social good. And one that taps into the power of young people to change the world.
The agency is a strategy group that uses data, research, and storytelling to help clients reach and activate young people (Gens Y & Z). Their clients are some of the biggest brands and not-for-profits in the world, including Google, ESPN, Microsoft, Feeding America, and City Year.
They are fueled by the parent organization’s proprietary data from its over 5.5 million members involved in more than 270 of cause initiatives. So, they deeply understand what motivates young people to connect with companies and causes they care about.
Not your typical agency, every project they take on has positive impact on people, the planet, or both — and 100% of the profits support the parent organization.
You will help set the short- and long-term growth strategy for the agency. You will be accountable for meeting or exceeding revenue targets from new client business.
You will effectively tell their brand story and grow their client roster.
You will manage and grow a qualified new business team as they scale up.
- Source new clients that are perfect for the agency and lock them.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and secure key meetings at such functions
- Execute effective outreach + follow-up programs that establish ongoing dialogue with decision makers that result in meetings/calls
- Work with the Senior Director, Growth & Marketing to develop pitch presentations that show potential clients the power of working with the agency
- Work with the Senior Director, Growth & Marketing to craft proposals that effectively address how their approach addresses the potential client’s problem(s)/need(s)
- Work with the Advisory Board and PR team to manage PR activity, including trade press for new clients and key speaking opportunities for the Managing Director
- Plan and/or invite senior executives to cultivation events
- Identify and determine viability and structure of new revenue streams for the agency
- Inspire and foster a high-performing culture of growth
As the agency grows, additional responsibilities will include:
- Recruit and develop team who will lead the business forward
- Create and ensure the consistent implementation of effective new business outreach processes
- Develop effective benchmarks for optimum team performance
The agency is looking for someone who:
- Absolutely LOVES the agency—is fully bought into the mission and naturally puts the agency and the team first
- Is ready and willing to roll up their sleeves and build something BIG
- Has a strong and proven background (7+ years) in business development and exceeding sales targets, ideally in marketing or professional services
- Is an experienced communicator with proven track record of executive outreach
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit with a history of building partnerships from scratch
- Is able to navigate uncertainty and gray area successfully for all parties and
ead to desired outcomes
- Is a team player