Our client, the leader in student-first connected learning platforms, is seeking a Director of Performance Marketing to serve as the strategic paid marketing leader. This role is highly visible and is a great opportunity to have a significant impact on the company’s mission to help students save time, save money and get smarter. You will manage a team of performance marketers and support all of the company’s business lines across multiple digital performance marketing channels including paid search, paid social, display advertising, retargeting, affiliates, and streaming radio. You will own the performance of high-impact digital marketing programs, as well as the development of new/emerging performance marketing channels, and the testing, budgeting and reporting standards thereof. This reports directly to the CMO.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Organize and lead the Performance Marketing team. This includes the definition of roles and responsibilities, allocation of marketing functions and the hiring, management and mentorship of all direct reports.
- Develop strategic acquisition marketing plans to target and acquire new customers using a variety of marketing channels.
- Work closely with Business Unit Marketers to ensure smooth and effective execution of all campaigns that support Business Unit growth.
- Own, and assign ownership of, relationships with Channel Partners such as Google, Facebook, Adobe and other performance media publishers.
- Drive the exploration and execution of new media channels/campaigns.
- Partner with Marketing Analytics and Business Unit Marketing to build campaign testing plans.
- Deliver post-campaign performance reporting and work with Marketing Analytics team on deeper analysis.
- Define Reporting requirements and cadence for all media channels to BU marketing and broader audience
- 7+ years’ experience in performance marketing channels
- 3+ years’ experience managing performance marketing teams
- Very strong analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Experience working, communicating, presenting, and reporting to C-class executives
- Experience working in a highly-matrixed organization and managing multiple groups of stakeholders
- MBA preferred, with BA/BS in a quantitative field
- SQL proficiency a plus