We are seeking a Head of Marketing Communications & Events to help our company revolutionize content discovery and distribution, so every brand and business can tell their story.
You are a motivated team contributor who can work cross-functionally to help take our brand and product awareness to the next level. As a key role within the Marketing team, you are responsible for the strategy and execution of public relations initiatives, communications, and events that will accelerate our business growth. You will oversee media relations, external and internal corporate communications, planning with event vendors and speakers, plus all related project scoping, briefing and roll out efforts. The ideal candidate will be able to articulate our business growth story to media and the overall consumer audience. You will lead a strategy to take our company's industry impact primetime by showcasing our corporate news and key metrics, our solutions and products, and our customer success stories to media and the broader tech marketplace.
We are looking for someone who can
● Proactively interact with media representatives to obtain placement of company and industry news stories, thought leadership bylines or quotes, customer stories, and manages reactive or crisis communications needs,
● Manage and grow media lists by strategic verticals,
● Maintain positive working relationships with reporters, editors and feature writers who cover business, tech, publishing and other relevant topics,
● Secure and handle all briefings for 1:1 media interviews for our team and customers,
● Plan, develop and implement the strategic PR and Communications calendar to meet business goals,
● Plan, promote and manage our hosted events designed to raise awareness and generate new business, and manage marketing communications for external events,
● Measure ROI of all communications activities including ad equivalency value (AEV), tracking clips, coverage, as well as social and web metrics from communications initiatives,
● Monitor news announcements, media coverage, marketplace trends, consumer behavior and developments across the industry,
● Plan and manage the budget for PR programs. Identify high impact use of budget dollars to reach strategically targeted audiences,
● Seek out and develop customer success stories to drive the perception of our platform across earned and owned media channels,
● Work closely with customer success and social to monitor and addresses comments and reviews,
● Ensure that our brand's visual identity, corporate message, voice, tone and style are consistent through all communications,
● Work with the executive team to determine the appropriate media spokesperson for events and news stories,
● Manage business associations memberships, industry partnership affiliations, industry awards (submissions and coverage).
● A BA/BS degree in marketing, communications, or business,
● 5 years of industry experience in public relations or communications for consumer brands,
● 2+ years of large-scale and/or innovative event planning experience, managing the end-to-end process,
● Solid understanding of the project lifecycle, program design and creative process,
● Strong analytical skills; ability to measure the right things to drive our corporate communications,
● Extraordinary management and communication skills; both orally and written,
● Ability to effectively present information to top management, media and public groups.