We're looking for a Director of Business Development to join our team. The right candidate has exemplary skills in business strategy, partnerships and execution. In this role, you will be responsible for platform partnerships as well as extending the company's network in the areas of reader growth, content growth and content distribution. You will seek out and negotiate deals that will strengthen the company's core product offering, generate new revenue streams and drive global adoption of the platform. You will report directly to the CEO.
You will manage and have responsibility for the following
● Create partnership frameworks that can efficiently scale as necessary,
● Close partnerships with the leading content creation and consumption platforms,
● Seek out new areas for partnerships, formulate win-win scenarios, create business proposals and close these deals,
● Work closely with Product and Marketing to identify potential areas for collaboration opportunities,
● Nurture and grow existing relationships with key strategic partners and evangelize Issuu within the industry,
● Manage and grow a pipeline of potential domestic and international strategic partnership targets,
● Maintain and track key business development metrics.
We are looking for someone who has
● A strong technical competence and an understanding of web technologies,
● 5+ years in a business development or executive role,
● BA/BS degree required (MBA or equivalent work experience strongly preferred),
● Proven business development experience at start-ups or growth stage tech companies,
● Strategic thinker capable of driving internal stakeholders to a consensus on important issues,
● Comfort with a fast-paced, always-on, highly ambiguous growth stage environment,
● Extensive knowledge of online business models and Internet/consumer/ technology,
● Strong verbal and written communication skills,
● Ability to meet multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with little supervision,
● Extensive negotiation experience, including comfort with legal aspects of negotiations.